Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The NJCCCS

When I visited the NJCCCS website, I found it very easy to identify all of the cumulative progress indicators associated with my curriculum. Being a middle school special education teacher, I was able to identify every skill my students are supposed to possess by the end of eighth grade. While this information is useful, I had one major question that the website never answered. How do we teach all of these skills? Nowhere on the NJ website could I find suggestions on how to implement this state's curriculum. As a teacher, I would find it helpful to have access to resources that will aid in providing the students with a fluid, coherent curriculum that covers all of the topics listed in the NJCCCS. I think it might be helpful to provide some links that can help teachers with the implementation of lessons that are aligned with the NJCCCS. What do you think?

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Herlan,

I know what you mean. It is highly theoretical. how we incorporate these standards seems to be up to us.

Great discussion starter!